06 February 2011

These are AWESOME!!




Next month I'm making these for the Heart Associations Bake Sale at work. This was the practice run and all I can say is they are AWESOME!

For the cupcake I used some of my own variations.
2 Cups Sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cups Hershey's Cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
about 30 maraschino cherries

Heat oven to 350F
Get your pans ready.

Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, butter, mayonnaise and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer for two minutes. Stir in boiling water. Batter will be thin. Pour batter into prepared pans.

Once poured insert 1 maraschino cherry into the cupcake.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes for cupcakes.

Maraschino Cherry Cream Cheese Frosting
4 ounces cream cheese softened
2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
1 1/2 Cups sifted confectioners' sugar

In a large bowl, on medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.
Add the vanilla, lemon juice and cherry juice and beat well. Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy.

2 comments:

  1. You have got to be THE best cook south of the border! I have gained 3 pounds just looking at these cakes...seriously! Almost makes me wish I had kids at home, just so I would have an excuse to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...thank you Wendy!! I had to take some to work so that my husband and I didn't gain 15 pounds eating them all. lol

    ReplyDelete