05 February 2011

Cold snowy weather calls for Soup.





It's been really cold here and we've had a lot of snow this year. Today we woke up to another 3 inches or so with more coming Sunday and Monday. That calls for my favorite Spicy Northern Bean and Chicken Soup and cornbread.

3 or 4 cups of chicken
(I either use left over roasted chicken or I saute three boneless chicken breasts)
6 cups of chicken broth
3 or 4 cups of Northern Beans
4.5 oz can of chopped green chiles
1 large onion chopped
1 whole jalapeno-stem cut off
dash of cayenne pepper flakes
dash of salt
dash of pepper
1 tablespoon cumin

In my large stock pot I sweat the onions on medium heat in a little olive oil.
Add stock, peppers and spices. Stir well.
Add chicken and beans. Stir well.
Bring flame (heat) down to low, cover and simmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment