07 August 2011

A cooling dessert for such a HOT day...

Sundays are the one day a week that I almost always make a dessert.  I had originally planned to make a cake but it's so hot out I really didn't want to turn on the oven and also I couldn't find the recipe I wanted.  Organizing my life is a work in progress but that's for another time. 
This dessert is quick, easy and Delicious for a hot August Sunday dinner or probably any time. 

Melt 1 stick of butter in a pie dish.  Add 2 cups of crushed graham crackers.

Spread crushed graham crackers around the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pie dish pressing with the back of a spoon.  Add broken up pieces of a dark chocolate bar.  (or any candy bar that you enjoy)

Make your favorite chocolate pudding recipe and add 1/3 cup of fresh whipping cream.

Pour chocolate pudding mixture over the graham cracker candy crust.  I then topped with homemade whipped cream and sprinkled extra crushed candy bar and graham crackers on the top.  Refrigerate for a couple hours and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment