31 August 2011

Practicing my appetizers

  You know I was thinking today, I don't know about you but we eat a lot of appetizers between the months of September and January.  I guess it's just the perfect food for football, festivals, Halloween, holiday parties. 
This is the third or fourth variation I've made with this fabulous ingredient.   But first I need to give kudos out to one of my friends http://www.richfletchersgoodfoodrevolution.blogspot.com/
Rich was one of my first food buddies when I set up my page on facebook.  He also is the one that introduced me to the versatility of Won Ton Wrappers.  So again thanks Rich.

Tonight to go along with some REALLY spicy chili I wanted something a little different. 

 Just take a little olive oil rubbed on wrappers and put in a small muffin tin and bake in a 350  over for about 5 minutes.  Then take cream cheese, diced garlic, diced green onions, salt, pepper and a little extra garlic powder. Mix all of this together and then fill semi baked won ton wrappers.  Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
When done, top with a dollop of jalapeno jelly and serve immediately.
Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it is the time of year for appetizers, I'm so ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome :)) Sounds great! & Looks like a perfect side to chili :)) Won Tons are great , but friends are better ! Thank you Lori !! Its been fun so far , cheers :)
    Ive been thinking about making some fun ones myself... Hmmmm I do have some really cool cheeses to play with atm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE appetizers too Cassie.

    Hey Rich, glad you stopped by to check them out. :-) And I'm even more glad we've become friends through this wonderful technology. It's been fun growing/learning and seeing my friends growing/learning also.
    Cheese and Won Tons are a match made in heaven, let me know what else you try.

    ReplyDelete