10 July 2011

All time favorite...been eating it since I was a kid food.

THE CHICKEN CAR!

My FAVORITE hometown food joint.

A double Krekel cheese burger with the works. 




http://krekels.weebly.com/

If you are ever in the area of one of Krekels 7 locations you MUST and I do mean MUST try a burger and some of their custard. 

I was fortunate to grow up with Krekels in our town.  WAY BACK when I was a kid Krekels only had 2 locations and they were only open for the summer. The whole town would be buzzing when they opened up for the summer.  I remember at least once a week my Dad taking us to the 'lake location' to get an ice cream cone.  Dad and I usually almost always got their fantastic chocolate custard cone and my mom would get lemon.  It was a great summer tradition.

When I was in my teens Krekels did something VERY cool.  They opened another location within walking distance of my  house and they kept it open all year long!  I was such a happy girl.  I had babysitting money, I was old enough to go their myself.  I was in heaven.

Then, I moved away and  that has always remained number one of my what I miss list from my hometown.
I haven't lived that close to a Krekels in almost 27 years but any time I'm visiting my Mom, Krekels is a MUST.  Everyone knows that.  There is no sense in even asking me, 'Where would you like to eat?'  I will always say Krekels.

When we ate there yesterday and I was ooohhhhhing and awwwing with my eyes rolling back in my head my husband commented that in all the years he's been eating there, no matter which location you choose, they are exactly as delish as the first time.    I thought of that when I checked out their website to link it here.  The picture of the burger on their site is almost identical to the picture I took yesterday. 
I think sometimes we all need to remember that 'If it ain't broke, don't change it.'


What is your all time favorite, been eating it since I was a kid food?  I really would love to know.






No comments:

Post a Comment