05 June 2011

Another Banana Bread recipe



I found this recipe yesterday while I was going through some of my Grandmother's recipes.  I had exactly 7 very ripe bananas that I knew needed turned into something soon so despite the heat I decided these two loaves of banana bread would be worth the AC working a little harder.  I was SO right.  This is a great recipe.  The flavor is awesome and it is so moist and buttery you don't even need to spread with butter.
I followed the recipe but added chopped walnuts to one loaf.

Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
7 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs, slightly beaten
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions:
Makes two loaves of banana bread.
1. Cream the butter and sugar. Blend in the bananas, vanilla and eggs.
2. Sift together the dry ingredients.
3. Add to the bread mixture and mix until just combined. Pour into two greased 9x5 inch loaf pans.
4. Bake at 350F. Check on the bread after 35 minutes (it may take up to 60 minutes). Banana bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool the banana bread in the pan for 10 minutes then cool completely on a wire rack.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment