I have been doing a lot of thinking this past week about where I am, where I want to go from here and what I want my life to be like.
I have come to the conclusion that I am pretty happy with my life in general but certain areas do need tweaked a little. Mainly, I need to remind myself that if I am not relaxed, healthy and happy I can't do much for anyone else.
Here is the list of my immediate goals...
1. Finish organizing at home. I firmly believe this will not only bring a more sense of calm to me but it will also free up some time in the long run.
Areas left to organize...
-Filing cabinet and personal organizer
-Hutch in dining room
-Our bedroom closet
-Get all herbal, natural info together for easy reference.
2. Take the time to take better care of myself. I need to get in some exercise at least every other day. Plus, take the time to do my nails, take a bubble bath, the little things that make me feel better about me.
3. Create a little time each day to read or work on crafts. I used to do this in the evenings before bed to kind of unwind, not sure why it stopped but I haven't done it in a few years and need to start back.
4. Continue getting chemicals, additives, etc. out of our lives. This is so much harder than you realize, they area everywhere. Food wise, we do well thanks to Kevin Trudeau and Jordan Rubio whose books reinforced what I already knew and scared me to death a few years ago. We eat very little packaged food, we do not even own a microwave and I have very strong beliefs about medication and plastic. Cleaning products, I also do well. Now I am working on learning about shampoos, face creams, make-up, etc. This area of my life needs some work.
5. Continue working on stocking up the pantry. It is looking pretty good, but I would like to have supplies for a month or longer. Space is an issue right now though until we move. At least I know if we can't leave the house for a few weeks we have what we need right now.
6. Continue learning as much as I can about herbs for cooking and medicinal uses and ways to live a more sustainable life.