10 August 2009

My Weekend, A Confession and a good recipe...

Saturday I spent the morning and early afternoon doing odds and ends around the house. Mainly i was catching up on laundry, cleaning the kitchen, organizing a couple cabinets, etc...but it was at a leisurely pace not a speed demon gotta get this done pace. I hate that pace.
In the evening, my husbands TKD School had a demonstration at the annual Cruise Night held downtown. It was fun. I am always so amazed at not only what the students are capable of doing but that he is so good at teaching them. I am very proud of what he has done with his business in just three years.
After the demo we tried out a new restaurant in town...Tavern on 10th. The old building has been renovated nicely. It has a jazzy, blues type atmosphere to it. The menu is very limited though. Not a place for dinner, more for appetizers and listening to music.

Sunday we had a nice breakfast, nothing special, just simple scrambled eggs with green peppers and onions, whole wheat toast and sausage which we ate while reading the Sunday paper. Well, the St Louis Post because it has the best coupons plus our little town doesn't do a Sunday or holiday paper. Yep, you read right...NO Sunday paper! I know, it was a big adjustment for me too.
Went to a baby shower Sunday evening and then relaxed the rest of the night.

Now for my confession. I am addicted to the reality TV show Big Brother. It's odd because I'm not much of a TV watcher, I don't like 'reality' shows at all and I am not a big fan of people embarrassing themselves for ratings...BUT...I do like this show and have been a fan through all 11 seasons.

Ok now that I feel better about confessing my addiction here is my Sunday Dinner Chicken recipe. We have roasted chicken usually once a week because there are so many different things to do with the left over chicken. I do about three or four different recipes but here's the one I do the most.

One Whole Chicken
Juice from one lemon half...or 2-3 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
Black Pepper to taste
Two or three sprigs of rosemary
Two or three pinches of dried sage
Two or three sprigs of thyme

Sprinkle lemon juice on chicken and stick squeezed lemon half in cavity if desired. Put remaining spices on chicken. Bake in 350* oven for about an hour and a half, depending on size of chicken. Baste one or two times during baking. Juices will run clear when chicken is cooked through.

ENJOY!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment