18 January 2010

MELLOWING WITH AGE

My heart goes out to the people of Haiti and to all of their friends and family that have been directly touched by this horrific event. I can't imagine there is anyone who has caught a glimpse of the devastation there and not been touched in one way or another.

I was reading about a study in the UK by Oxfam that predicts the number of people hit by climate related disasters is expected to increase 50 percent by 2015 affecting over 375 million people. That is just natural disasters. That is alarming.

It seems that there has been so much going wrong in the world for the last few years. Between the natural disasters, the failing economy, the corruption, the wars...it is hard to stay positive about the future. I worry what our futures have in store for us.

I realize that every generation has had there own life altering events that have changed the course of history. People have survived horrible events and have grown stronger because of them and I hope to become a stronger, better person because of it all too.

I am trying to remind myself to really SEE the miracles that are all around me. I am praying a lot more than I have in years. I am even saying Thank You more often because I am truly grateful for any small good that comes my way. I try to over look annoying little things people do because it's all minor in the big scheme of things. I want to live each and every day to its fullest capacity. I want to remind myself that the only thing I can control is how I react to all that is around me. I need to stay focused and centered.

1 comment:

  1. Hi LA...

    I think many of us are trying to walk that same path. Gratitude, appreciation, prayer, and contentment helps in times like this...

    ReplyDelete