23 September 2009

Fall has arrived...

Today is the first full day of fall and I am so happy. I LOVE this time of year. I can tell by some of the blogs that I read it is a favorite for many. It hasn't cooled off much here yet, we're still high 70's during the day and low 60's at night but you can tell it is fall. The air seems cleaner, crisper, and the colors are beginning to change from that vibrant summer green to the browns, yellows and deep greens of fall. I heard on the news today that our peak fall colors will be the second or third week of October and that it should be a pretty good year for it since we have had so much rain.

During the years we lived in South Florida, aside from family, I missed fall and winter more than anything.

I love fall colors, the cool crisp air, the long nights, the fuzzy warm socks, the soups and chili, the breads baking in the oven, long nights...I could go on and on.

One thing I have noticed here in our area is the amount of festivals that they have during this time of year. Who picks the names I'm not sure, but they all have to do with food. We have the Harvest festival, the Sweetcorn/Watermelon festival, the Apple n Pork festival, the Pumpkin festival, the Apple festival...I'm sure I am forgetting some but you get the drift. I love these festivals. Walking around out in the cool air, checking out area crafters and eating a plate of ribbon fries, drinking a hot apple cider is a great way to spend a fall Saturday afternoon for me.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Fall! It is my very favourite time of year. The colours...the quiet...fairs...Thanksgiving....

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm...hot cider sounds nice right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love autumn. Although, there is a distinct lack of fairs in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi..that's lovely..we only hv summer here..hv a nice weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wenn thanks for visiting.
    I remember having only summer when we lived in Florida and I didn't like it. I LOVE having four distinct seasons. Fall is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete