25 January 2013

Week 3

 This was an experiment that went well.
 When I lived in Florida a woman I worked with was from Peru and she gave me this recipe for a green sauce that is very tasty.  It has been years since I made it and out of the blue I was craving some.  In the past we had used it on chili, spaghetti and Mexican dishes.  I had chicken to cook and decided to see how it worked together.

The Green Sauce
1 green bell pepper
2-3 jalapenos
1 onion
4-5 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon sea salt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Combine all ingredients in processor and mix adding Olive Oil slowly.  (Sorry I didn't measure how much I used.) You don't want it too runny.  You want it all finely diced and combined but somewhat thick in consistency.



I took 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut into strips
Then marinated the chicken in soy sauce, a pinch of red pepper and ginger.  Let marinate while you cook up a pot of rice. (brown or white would work)
Saute the chicken in olive oil until cooked through.

Serve the chicken over rice and top with a spoon full or two of the green sauce.  I served it with toasted garlic bread.

I will be making this one again soon.  It was that good.


No comments:

Post a Comment