15 May 2011

'Big Mac" Attack


We've never been much on 'fast food' at our house but I did used to enjoy a Big Mac every now and then. Well it's been years since we've had one so I decided to try to re-create one at home.

For the 'Special Sauce' I combined...
1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons mayo
2 tablespoons nonfat milk
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
salt
3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
3 tablespoons minced red bell pepper.
And mix until smooth.

Cook up the best ground beef you can find. Make the patties small and try to keep them as flat as possible while cooking.

To assemble...
Bun bottom
Special Sauce
Slice of Cheese
Beef patty
Bun bottom
Special sauce
Slice of Cheese
Beef patty
Diced onion
3 or 4 Dill pickles
Shredded Lettuce
Top bun

They were really good and fun to make but I think if I make these again I will leave one layer out. Since we've been watching portion control, I couldn't eat the whole thing.
I gave it a really good try though.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! And it is probably much healthier than the regular Big Mac! Thanks for sharing!! Once I have a kitchen again I may have to make this! :)

    ReplyDelete