24 April 2011

Happy Easter!





I hope everyone is enjoying their day. It's been raining here off and on all day but that's OK, it's been a nice and relaxing day.

For our dinner I brined Cornish Hens all night and WOW it payed off. They
were delicious. Add in the mashed potatos, garlic green beans, deviled eggs and rolls and we had a pretty great meal. Dessert...Chocolate Cake with Strawberry cream cheese frosting between the layers and plain cream cheese frosting on the outside. YUM!

Hope everyone else enjoyed the day with good food and good company like I did.

3 comments:

  1. Your Easter dinner looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing! I wish I could put in an order... but I stuffed myself already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, This looks devine. I have always wanted to brine and roast chicken and just have never gotten around to it. This so looks like my kind of feel good food!! Thanks for sharing and now I am ready for Easter all over again!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Melissa and thecanningwife. I hope you both had a great holiday!
    I really do think the brining gives the meat more flavor. You can taste the spices IN the meat not just on it.

    ReplyDelete