31 May 2011

Recipe for left over Chicken #1

We eat a lot of chicken.  Definitely at least once a week, but usually more.  There are just SO many wonderful things that you can do with left over chicken.  It makes perfect sense that if you are going to cook some chicken, whether you bake it, grill it, fry it, roast it, saute it, however you decide to cook it...make a little extra for another meal.

Starting with this post, I have decided to keep track and write down all the different options that I can come up with for Chicken.  Now I'm not going to go crazy with this and start eating chicken every day or soliciting for all the chicken recipes I can find.  I won't even guarantee a weekly post. This is just a record for myself and maybe a little inspiration for you.

Yesterday we grilled Balsamic Chicken strips and I grilled extra for tonight.  It was cheap, fast, easy and SO delish.  ANY type of cooked chicken works for these. 

Corn Tortilla Chips
Slice or cube Chicken 
Salsa
Cheddar Cheese
Layer and Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken is warm.


Layer nacho chips with sliced chicken, salsa and cheese.

Bake at 350 for approx. 15 minutes.  Add sour cream and ENJOY!!

1 comment: